Monday 1 December 2014

What I Made For Dinner





I love it whenever I am asked to make dinner at home. For me, there is something fun about coming up with a good combination of recipes that all fit together well enough to enjoy a good meal with your family, friends, or even by yourself.
So, the other day when I was charged with preparing dinner for everyone I headed to all the good food blogs I follow and checked out what recipes looked tasty. In the end I came up with sweet & sticky baked chicken drumsticks, bacon & cheddar macaroni, and cheese souffle.





Before this meal, I had never made a souffle in my life, so I was pleasantly surprised when it came out of the oven light and fluffy. When marinating chicken (and I learn this over and over ever single time I do a chicken that needs marinating time in the fridge) it is so important to actually let it marinate in the fridge for at least 8 hours. Not just for this chicken, but in general as well. I mean, it still tastes good without the full time, but somehow never quite as good as it could have been.
I really enjoyed making this, and somehow I had it all timed perfectly so that my sister could eat before going out. That was a feat I had never quite seemed to manage before. So yes! Progress is happening!

Recipe Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment