Monday 13 October 2014

Quick Tips: How to be Productive


Lately, I have had a lot of assignments due in and a lot of studying to do. If you're like me, and have daily battles with procrastination, then do not fear! There are plenty of little (and big) ways you can make a difference in your life when it comes to studying, doing assignments, or any work-related task. I thought I would share a few ideas with you today as it is coming up to exam time, and studying is important if you want to do well.

Tip 1: Habit RPG

Make an account on Habit RPG. Seriously. This site has just about saved my life. It works by treating your life and work tasks like a game. When you start up you have an avatar which you have to keep up the health of by completing daily tasks, things on your to do list, and habits you want to create or break.
As well as maintaining your health, you earn coins for completing the things mentioned above. You make yourself rewards and set an amount for them to cost (eg. piece of cake = 10 coins), then you can 'buy' yourself that reward once you have earned it. With coins you can also buy costumes for your avatar.
You are also able to create 'parties', so you and your friends can motivate each other, and track each others progress.
All in all, this site is wonderful and has helped me so much this year.


Tip 2: Music
Screenshot of the mac computer version, but it is also
available for android and iphone users.
Recently, I downloaded an app called 'Relax Melodies'. The title is fairly self explanatory, but you create and save music mixes from the sounds given (eg. birds, river, ocean, flute, wind, etc.). I find this app extremely helpful when studying and when I can't get to sleep. I have created a few of my own mixes, and saved some provided, named by what I use them for.
This app is also useful (in my own personal experience) as it helps calm down those who experience sensory overloads for whatever reason. Also - the free version is actually good and doesn't impose strict limitations on what you can do with it.


Tip 3: Stop when stressed


Okay, so this isn't as much a typical tip to help with productiveness, but I believe it is one of the most important things I have learnt. When you are struggling to write that essay, or when you feel like crying and quitting school because of your workload - you need a time out. I know sometimes this can be really hard, especially when there is a big assignment due in the next day, but in the long term, it is better for your health and work quality. In my experience attempting to do work when I'm stressed only leads to bad work which I then end up re-doing or re-writing. Whenever I take a break from my work, I can come back feeling refreshed and ready to work.

So that's it! 3 quick tips to help you be productive. I hope it was useful for you, and I might do an 'Activities for Study Breaks' post a little later on. Happy studying everyone!

Ps. 'Quick Tips' is going to be a new section of my blog that I will post under maybe once a month or so. I'll share with you tips on all sorts of things - stress, study, health, etc. So, keep an eye out for the next topic! And if you have any topic ideas, feel free to contact me to let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment