Thursday 30 October 2014

Cheesy Zucchini Chicken


A few months ago I went with my family to a restaurant in Williamstown to celebrate my aunt's birthday. I ordered a dish which I thought was delicious and I have been wanting to try my hand a recreating it ever since. This is how it turned out, I hope you enjoy!

Cheesy Zucchini Chicken
Time:10 minutes prep,
     30-60+ minutes cooking,
     + marinade time
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
Chicken
  • 1 zucchini
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • Cheese - any type can be used as long as it will melt
  • Sauce - I used a pre-made honey mustard one, because I was stretched for time, but feel free to make your own if you prefer
Marinade
  • 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 2 minced cloves of garlic
  • 1 teaspoon of paprika
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of sesame seeds
Method:
Step 1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together. Coat the chicken breasts and let marinade in the fridge for 15-60 minutes (the more time the better)

Step 2. Whilst the chicken is marinading thinly slice the zucchini length-ways. Place the slices on a tray and cook for about 20 minutes.

Step 3. Take the chicken out of the fridge and cook in the oven. This may take between 30-60 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.

Step 4. Once the chicken has almost finished cooking, take it (and the zucchini) out of the oven. Place the zucchini slices on top of the chicken, and then sprinkle your selection of cheese over the top.

Step 5. Put the chicken back in the oven to finish cooking.

Step 6. When the chicken has finished cooking transfer to a plate and heat the sauce in the microwave. Once heated, pour over the chicken.

I served this dish with the cous cous cucumber salad, and it was a tasty combination.
Hope you enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment