Saturday 28 March 2015

Easter Cooking: Easter Bark

I must admit, until the end of last year I hard never heard of making 'bark' before. When I first came across it I was rather confused, and had to do some googling to find out what exactly it was, and how it's made. From my understanding, bark is traditionally a Christmas treat, but I thought it looked too good to have to wait for another year or so to make, so I decided to try whipping up an Easter themed one! I know my family certainly enjoyed it, so I hope you all do too!


Easter Bark
Ingredients
White chocolate
Mini marshmallows
Mini Easter Eggs
Sprinkles

Method
Step 1. Heat the chocolate in a microwave-safe container in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until the chocolate has melted. Each time your stir, mix the chocolate for a good 20 seconds to ensure that it won't burn when you put it back in. I heated my chocolate in a glass jug, and it took 90 seconds.

Step 2. Stir the mini marshmallows, mini eggs, and some of the sprinkles into the white chocolate. Pour the mixture into a tray or baking dish and place in the fridge until hardened.

Step 3. Cut the bark into edible pieces and serve and keep in the fridge when not eating.

Let me know how you find this recipe!



No comments:

Post a Comment