Tuesday 7 April 2015

A Trip to The Shire

I've always loved fantasy stories - they're enchanting, and they take you to a completely different world filled with magic, and fantastical creatures, and beautiful dresses. Last Saturday my family and I were lucky enough to get to visit one such world - Hobbiton, the place where all the Shire scenes from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit were filmed. I have been a fan of The Lord of the Rings since my family first moved to Australia 8 years ago, so it was quite an exciting trip to make. In fact, the first time I watched the films was on the 24 hour plane trip over here from London.  It was a really awesome experience, and kinda neat that it was filmed there since my mum grew up in that area.

I've never been on a fantasy film set before, so this trip was truly something different to anything I had ever previously experienced. It makes me really want to get back into acting again!

Keep scrolling for my photo tour of Hobbiton...



The tour begins at Gandalf's Cutting, which is where you see Gandalf and Frodo ride in the cart at the beginning of the first film.

My sister standing outside a Hobbit hole.


The gardeners do a wonderful job of looking after the gardens, and keeping them beautiful for the copious amounts of people who walk through Hobbiton every day.

The Party Tree where Bilbo celebrates his birthday.

My sister and I outside a Hobbit hole.

A stunning view of part of Hobbiton. The building across the other side of the river is the Green Dragon where you can get ciders, beers, and ginger beers. I choose to have a cider, which tasted rather nice.

Bilbo Baggins' home.


The attention to detail was simply spectacular. Every single Hobbit hole is different, and many of them have little outdoor displays as well. The one in the photo above is a cheesemaker Hobbit's home, but there were others as well including bread baking and painting.


Sam's home.

My sister and I.

The Green Dragon.


I hope you enjoyed this photo tour of Hobbiton. I'm not saying anything more on my trip than this because I don't want to spoil every surprise! If you're ever in the area, I would definitely recommend that you visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment