Wednesday 28 January 2015

Fandom Baking Day

My sister and I absolutely looove to bake, and a couple of days ago we came up with the idea of having a fandom-based baking day. A great deal of the day was actually just spent watching The Sarah Jane Adventures since so many of our recipes needed refrigeration time. Buut the day of hard work paid off in the end since we got such delicious goodies out of it!


Pictured above: I am frothing up the butterbeer with a milk frother to make it look appetising. 








Pictured above: The Dharma biscuits were actually easier to cut out and inscribe than I had thought they would be. The hardest part was peeling the mixture off the chopping board and onto the tray without breaking the fish tails!



Pictured above: We watched Sarah Jane Adventures while waiting for our food to cook and played a (non-alcoholic) drinking game with butter beer. (link here)







Pictured above: This was my first ever attempt at making the cake from the Portals games (which is probably my favourite game series of all time), and I am actually pretty impressed at how it turned out. Here is an image from the game for comparison. And yes, I used strawberries because I'm not a huge fan of cherries.


What we made (the ones with links are for recipes we used):
Alice in Wonderland Jam Tarts
Portals Cake (from Portals)
Dharma Initiative Fish Biscuits (from Lost)
Butterbeer (from Harry Potter)

I sincerely hope that this has inspired you to have your own fandom baking day because it really was a lot of fun, and it was so nice to spend a day with my sister before she had to go back to school!

Ps. Outfit post on what I wore this day coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment