Monday 5 January 2015

2015


Hello everyone, and welcome to a new year here at Apple Honey! A little while ago I was watching some videos by Kati Morton and in one of her journal topics she talked about coming up with a theme word for the year. Resolutions are hard to stick to, and I know that when I break them I just end up disappointed in myself. So instead I've decided to go with the theme word idea. The idea is that the theme word is specific enough to motivate you, but it also is able to give you freedom with how you interpret it in your day-to-day life.

In saying all of that my theme word for the year is:


I chose this word (after A LOT of thinking!) for many reasons, but I mainly liked it because, to me, it's about focusing on the good and on God. It's about letting go and finding peace, freedom. I tend to focus far too much on what I feel bad about, what I can't do, rather than what I'm good at and what successes I've had. To me, this is a really important aspect of self love and self care, so hopefully I will be able to 'live in the light' this year, so to say.

It reminds of that quote from Harry Potter:
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."

Hmm maybe that sounds corny to you, but I'm sure that there is a little bit of corny in us all!

Happy new years to all my readers, and may 2015 be a wonderful year for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment