Wednesday 1 July 2015

An Afternoon Drive

I remember the first time I wanted to go for a ride in a classic car - it was when my friend and I would carpool to school in primary school. The street we'd park the car in before walking up to school had a classic car parked in one of the driveways. My friend and I adored that car, always talked about getting ones of our own, and driving everywhere in them, although our plans were (obviously) never followed through. Of course, I've been able to sit in vintage cars in museums since then, but I have never actually been for a ride in one, until today that is.

This beautiful car belongs to one of my dad's friends, and he has been restoring it for several years now. Today he brought it round to our house and took me out for a short drive - something I've been wanting to do for only the last 12 years of my life! It was kinda scary to begin with, because these cars have no airbags and no seatbelts, but once you start to relax, it becomes fun to feel the wind whipping your hair around, and to smell that classic car smell.

My trip in this car today has rekindled my little dream of owning one of these cars one day, so I'm going to have to start saving now! (although I should probably learn how to drive first...).




I wish you all a happy rest of your week, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment